The National Programme in Edinburgh runs in partnership with Traverse Theatre Edinburgh. Are you a director based near Edinburgh? Become a part of the Edinburgh Directors’ Group through our mailing list here. Participants have access to free JMK workshops, residencies and networking events, as well as the opportunity to apply for Assistant Director bursaries.
Our Director Practitioner for the North East and Scotland is Maria Crocker. You can contact Maria on email@example.com. Maria also runs our Directors’ Group at Northern Stage, Newcastle, encouraging collaboration between directors across the two regions.
Some past workshops:
- Assistant/Resident/Associate Director – What Does it All Mean? with Maria Crocker
- The Director, Dramaturg and Writer with Gareth Nicholls
- The Writer and Director relationship on new plays with James Grieve
Assistant Director Bursaries at Traverse Theatre (click the recipient name to read their Assistant Director blog):
- Rob Jones – Unfaithful with Rachel O’Riordan
- Katherine Nesbitt – Swallow with Orla O’Loughlin
- Amy Gilmartin – Milk with Orla O’Loughlin
- Nikki Kalkman – Girl in the Machine with Orla O’Loughlin
- Kolbrún Björt Sigfúsdóttir – Ulster American with Gareth Nicholls
- Shilpa T-Hyland – Crocodile Fever with Gareth Nicholls