The National Programme in Newcastle runs in partnership with Northern Stage. Are you a director based near Newcastle? Become a part of the Newcastle Directors’ Group through our mailing list here. Participants have access to free JMK workshops, residencies and networking events, as well as the opportunity to apply for Assistant Director bursaries.
Our Director Practitioner for the North East and Scotland is Maria Crocker. You can contact Maria on firstname.lastname@example.org. Maria also runs our Directors’ Group at Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh encouraging collaboration between directors across the two regions.
Some past workshops:
- The Weird World of Dramaturgy – Workshop with JMK Award winner Josh Roche
- Meet the Artistic Directors (panel discussion as part of NORTH Festival, led by Mark Calvert)
- Tickets and post-show discussion for A Monster Calls, Love Labours Lost (Deafinitely Theatre production) and Crongton Knights
Assistant Director Bursaries held at Northern Stage (click the recipient name to read their Assistant Director blog):
- Maria Crocker – Catch 22 with Rachel Chavkin
- Anna Ryder – Get Carter with Lorne Campbell
- Tom Guest – Up n Out with Anna Rigby
- Jonluke Mckile – The Season Ticket with Katie Posner
- Zoe Murtagh – Alice in Wonderland with Mark Calvert and Meghan Doyle
- Karen Traynor – A Christmas Carol with Mark Calvert
- Jamie Tansley – Creative Associate on A Christmas Carol with Mark Calvert
- Holly Gallagher – Frankie & Johnny with Mark Calvert
- Rachael Walsh – The Sorcerer’s Apprentice with Maria Crocker