The JMK Trust in partnership with Royal & Derngate is offering an Assistant Director Bursary. The bursary is an arts scholarship, funded by the Leverhulme Trust that will provide a learning and training opportunity for a talented emerging director, who has demonstrated a commitment to directing and a passion for theatre making.
We are looking for an assistant director who will work on one of the exciting Made in Northampton productions at Royal & Derngate between December 2018 – March 2019. We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) individuals and those who consider themselves to be disabled.
As Assistant Director, your duties may include:
- To provide general assistance to the Director.
- As agreed with the Director, to carry out any research that will inform and benefit the production.
- To observe rehearsals and have input in discussions and production meetings.
- To assist the company in documenting the rehearsal process for the purposes of marketing, archiving and evaluating the project through blogs, social media and other forms as agreed and transcribing interviews with the creative team to be put online.
- To observe and assist the Director in the production week as required.
- To attend and participate in post-show discussions by mutual agreement with the Producer.
- To support the company whilst the play is in performance as agreed with the Director and Stage Manager, including attending and noting the production.
- Inputting into the reading of scripts for consideration as future productions.
- Any further duties as required by the Director.
This is a paid placement in which £2350 will be awarded to the selected individual.
The bursary recipient will also be or become a participant of the JMK Directors’ Group at Royal & Derngate and as part of the bursary will also be responsible for working with JMK and Royal & Derngate to support and facilitate the group until the next bursary recipient is chosen.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 9th October 2018.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter, no more than 400 words, to Erica Martin via email@example.com by 28th September 2018.
- Why you are interested in working with us.
- How this bursary opportunity will contribute to your professional development.
- Your relevant experience and what you can bring to the role.