The National Programme in Bristol runs in partnership with Bristol Old Vic. Are you a director based near Bristol? Become a part of the Bristol Directors’ Group through our mailing list here. Participants have access to free JMK workshops, residencies and networking events, as well as the opportunity to apply for Assistant Director bursaries.
Our Director Practitioner for the South West is Helena Middleton. You can contact Helena on email@example.com.
Some Past Workshops:
- Starting Your Career as a Director with Adele Thomas
- Workshops with Emma Rice, Josh Roche, Nancy Medina and Emma Bettridge
- Working with Non-Traditional Texts with Tinuke Craig as a part of #JMKSpace
Assistant Director Bursaries at Bristol Old Vic (click the recipient name to read their Assistant Director blog):
- Stephanie Kempson – Jane Eyre with Sally Cookson
- Miriam Battye – Fanny Hill with Michael Oakley
- Ed Madden – The Rivals with Dominic Hill
- Sophie Jacobs Wyburn – Medea with George Mann
- Chino Odimba – The Caretaker with Christopher Haydon
- Evan Lordan – Touching the Void with Tom Morris
Assistant Director Bursaries at Tobacco Factory Theatres (click the recipient name to read their Assistant Director blog):
- Charlotte Marigot – Macbeth with Adele Thomas
- Chloe Masterson – Waiting for Godot with Mark Rosenblatt