Friday 14 June, 11am-1pm
Led by Traverse Theatre Interim Artistic Director, Gareth Nicholls, this workshop will explore the relationship between a director &/or dramaturg and writer and the process of taking a script from initial idea to fully staged production. Looking at questions such as…
– How can writers and directors work effectively together?
– When is the right time to give ’that’ note?
– What happens when you disagree?
– Where do your loyalties as a director lie?
– And how do you move from script notes to the dramaturgy of realised scene – and what’s the difference?
This will be a discussion based workshop exploring ideas around dramaturgy, note giving and different models of working together asking how, ultimately, we can all collaborate effectively to put on the best show possible.
Places for this workshop are now full. Please email email@example.com to be added to the waiting list.